Monday, July 15, 2013

Interview with photographer Michalina Woźniak

About you:

I'm Michelle. I'm 20 years old. I live in Lublin, in Poland. I take photos since 2009.


               What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?  


Silence, I guess. This is the only way I can think and concentrate.


               Tell us about your experience as  photographer what did it give you?
I don't have much experience. I was learning by myself. Everything can be inspiring, you just have to be open-minded.


                 Three adjectives to describe yourself.

Calm, melancholic, introverted.


                A film, a book and a song

Pi (Darren Aronosfky), Millenium trilogy (Stieg Larsson), Lux Aeterna (Clint Mansell)

               Favorite web of photography


There are so many good ones, that I can't choose.


              What camera do you use? Dou you use one lense?


I use two cameras. One digital - Canon 60 D and analogue - Canon AE 1. 
I use two manual lens.


             Tell about exhibition if you ‘ve had any.

I haven't had yet.

            Do you sell prints? How do you make it and where can someone buy?


I sold twice. I had many prints after my photography exams, so I asked if anyone's interested.

            What was your most big success? 


Faith.

           Favourite photographer.

There are and were so many amazing artists, that I can't even tell about everyone. My favourite and my number one is Diane Arbus. She must have been such an interesting person! I also love photographies of Sally Mann, Henri Cartier-Bresson, James Nachtwey, Werner Bischof, Sarah Moon, Cathleen Naundorf and many more.

            Describe some of your projects


I go and take photos. It's about the moment. I must feel it with all my heart. Otherwise, I don't do it.
 
            Your main concept.


Silence and disorder in one moment.
 
           What is your occupation, job, interest besides photography.


I'm studying something totally not connected with art. I hope that it will change. 
I love reading books and watching good films. I'd like to travel more.
           
           Which advice would you give someone who wants to become a (professional) photographer?

To do this the way we feel, the way we see it, not anyone else. Believe.


Do you work somewhere as photographer?

I didn't work as a photographer. I'm doing this right now, because I love it. Photography is the love of my life. I hope that someday things will change and I'll be able to work as a photographer. That's my biggest dream.
                                               

            Your plans.

Change studies. Pass photography exams next year. I'd like to travel more. 
Stay open-minded. And take better photos.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...